But I'm feeling like I need a space to release a whole lot of thought onto the universe at the moment. I thought I needed it in November; turns out; I didn't!
In 9 months I have broken up, got together, broken down, turned 21, started my final year of university, grown, shrunk.
I have longer hair. My heart is much the wiser. My head still gets carried away.
But I'm getting there. It's hard to even know where to start!
Perhaps, with today....
Today is Saturday. That means it's farmers market day. So I woke up early, jumped on my bike and road the 4km up Northbourne Ave to my 'happy place'. It was noisy and foody and colourful. Each time I go there I wonder why I don't go more often- laziness has such a tight grip on me sometimes! Today's booty included kale, leeks, potatoes, lamb shanks, beautiful red apples, fresh garlic and much much more.
I also swung by Gorman house for a pupusa and 2 kg of Beeswax. I brought it all home and I've been making cinnamon and clove beeswax candles in little pretty glasses. I'm still getting the hang of keeping the wick straight but they are smelling and looking cute!
So much has been happening that makes my brain and my heart swell and overflow with goodness- I've been reading an amazing account of systems thinking (perhaps I'll do another entry about this some time- for now, google will be your friend) by Gerald Midgley which has opened so much of me up to new ways of thinking. I'm working on an independent research project where I'm researching a kitchen-garden in a primary school near here, sponsored by the Stephanie Alexander Foundation. All of these intellectual pursuits are starting to meld with my emotional and spiritual being and, after celebrating my 21st birthday last weekend, I feel like they are leading me to a new epoch of growth.
As for love, the cynicism that comes with age has set in. I hope it fades in time. For now, loving myself and my friends is more than enough to keep a girls heart full!
So, I will endeavour to write more here because my mind is overflowing and I need to put it all somewhere. This may be just the place.
For now, I'm going to watch my candle burn slowly, put on a jumper and have a cup of tea.
Live, love, enjoy
M
No comments:
Post a Comment